FFA State Degree
FFA members, who wish to win the State degree must do the following:
- Received a Chapter FFA Degree.
- Have been an active FFA member for at least two years (24 months) at the time of receiving the State FFA Degree
- Have completed at least 2 years (360 hours) of systematic school instruction in agricultural education at our above the ninth grade level, which includes an SAE.
- Have earned and productively invested at least $1,000, or have worked at least 300 hours outside of schedule class time through an SAE.
- Demonstrated leadership ability by performing 10 parliamentary law procedures, giving a six-minute speech on a topic relating to agriculture or FFA, and serving as an FFA officer, committee chairperson, or committee member.
- Have a satisfactory academic record, certified by the agriculture teacher and the school principal or superintendent.
- Participated in the planning and implementation of the chapter’s Program of Activities.
- Participated in at least five different FFA activities above the chapter level.
- Complete at least 25 hours of community service in a minimum of two different activities. All community service hours are cumulative, i.e. the 10 community service hours used to obtain the chapter degree can be used toward the state degree.
Elmwood FFA State Degree Recipients