FFA American Degree
Members who have earned their American Degree with the following requirements:
- Have received a Greenhand FFA Degree, Chapter FFA Degree and State FFA Degree.
- Have been FFA members for at least three years.
- Have completed at least three years (540 hours) of high school agriculture classes, or 2 years of high school agriculture classes and one year of college agriculture classes (360 hours.)
- Have graduated from high school one year prior to the National FFA Convention at which their degree will be awarded.
- Have maintained detailed SAE records, which demonstrate outstanding planning, managerial and financial skills.
- Have earned and productively invested at least $7,500, or have earned and productively invested at least $1,500 and worked 2,250 hours beyond scheduled school hours through their SAEs.
- Have a record of outstanding leadership skills.
- Have a record of participating in community service activities. Updated Community Service Requirements
- Have maintained a “C” grade average or better.
American Star Award
Those who have earned their American Degree can apply for the American Star Award. If you are interested in applying, talk to the chapter FFA advisor.